The State Bar of Texas provides electronic access to their digital collection of CLE materials at no charge to the faculty, staff, and students of Texas ABA accredited law schools.
- To access these materials, go to http://www.texasbarcle.com.
- Click “Online Library” (on left menu).
- Click Subscribe Now! (on upper right). OR –
- Click on “Subscribe to the Library” (in the center).
- On the Login/Registration screen, look under the blue LOG IN button. Click on the blue Click here link next to New User?
- You’re now on the Web Site Registration screen.
- If you’re a member of the Texas Bar, fill in your name and bar card number, click GO (and you should be able to skip the rest of these instructions).
- If you’re not a member of the Texas Bar, look under the blue Go button and click on the blue click here (If you have a pop up blocker, turn it off.)
- Fill out the CLE Profile form and click on Save
- You will be back at the Login screen. Type in your Email address and the password you set up in step 6.
- You need to accept the Online Library Agreement and you have to affirm that you are a full-time faculty member/student affiliated with a Texas ABA-accredited law school.
- You will automatically get a pop up window that asks you to Affirm that you Qualify as a current faculty. Click on I Affirm I Qualify.
- You’ll see the message that your subscription has been activated. Click the gray link for Search the Library.
- If you aren’t sure what you are looking for you can click the “View listing of courses for selected years” instead of trying to use the Search function. You will be able to browse the CLE courses for the one you want.
- After selecting the CLE course you are interested, click the name of the course (i.e. Immigration Law 101). You will be taken to a listing of the contents included for that course, where you can pick and choose which chapters/articles you wish to read.
If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please contact one of the Law Librarians. We would be happy to help you.